Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back in the US again!



Wow! Time has flown...here it is a month later and I haven't even written or posted pictures yet...Eimi chewed me out this morning about it. I arrived at Nate and Ashley's on
the 29th of Au
gust and stayed for a visit for a couple of days to adjust to the time change, love those kids and grandkids... Hayle's first day at school, Paige riding the four wheeler- what a daring kid!...
and get ready to drive to Utah...then out to Utah to Scott and Liz's to love those kids too. Scott and Elizabeth left that Friday for CA to go to Elizabeth's brother's wedding. Great time with the kids!!! It was Carissa's third birthday that Sunday- what fun. So much excitement during that visit...and so much going on!!!
Trips to the library, shopping, buying a new house (yes, they actually signed a contract on a new house while I was there), and of course...Cafe Rio...not twice, but 3 times. Got their house all ready for sale...but with a market so slow...a little trepidation, but what do you know...they were under contract to sale theirs a couple of weeks after listing!!! I would guess this move was meant to be...their house will be closing only 2 weeks after the one they are buying!!! They are all excited for the new house and being down in Eagle Mountain again, where they had moved from when they moved to Riverton.

Other than a ear infection that progressed to a perforated ear drum, I enjoyed all of the time. My dear friend Jenny flew down to SLC and drove back to Lynden with me which made the trip very enjoyable!

When I arrived in Washington, I went to get into my car and noticed a very strange thing...typical of my luck...out of the hinge side of my driver's door of my car was hanging a snake skin!!! Did get Bryan to tug it out...two pieces about 4 inches came out before it broke off and couldn't be reached. Bryan had to convince me that the snake couldn't have gotten into the car, only into the wheel well...haven't seen it yet, so I hope that he is right and I can stop worrying!!!

I managed to get my motorhome running (thanks to Bryan and my dad...chargers and battery jumpers!) and have taken it to Beachwood in Birch Bay. Spending time cleaning out and fixing up after it sitting for nearly a year. Also having a great time with Bryan, Mandy and the kids!!! How I've missed all of these US kids and grandkids!

It was also wonderful to see the house that Bryan's been working on for the last 2-3 years and know that they should be in it before Bryce's birthday toward the end of October! It is amazing to think that he has done almost all of the building himself!

I have enjoyed seeing all my friends again and spending time with them. The happy wanderers even had a chance to get together at Jenny's and watch the presidential debates...what a difficult decision the US has to make!

On Saturday, Sue, her mom and I were able to go down to the Seattle temple and then return and attend the women's conference at the Stake center. What a great meeting and a chance to see so many people I haven't seen for such a long time!

Here it is Tuesday and I am at Bryan and Mandy's staying with the kids while they went to Seattle to get things for the new house. A great time for me to catch up with the blog, but I will have to add the pictures later...I am using Bryan's computer and will need to get on mine to get the pictures... Hopefully I will keep up better so I don't miss all so many of the interesting things that are happening!

3 comments:

Musicmom-Amy said...

It was fabulous to see your smiling face and get a hug. Wish we could have talked longer.

Familjen Österström said...

Hi Bonnie
Saw a link on Eimis blog to this one and I couldnt help myself.. I just had to check it out! :)
Nice to hear youre having such a good time! Hope to see you again when you get home!
Take care
hugs from Monica and Maya

Kristine said...

Aunt Bonnie, Sounds like you stuffed a ton of activities into a very short time period! It is fun to see what you are doing and keep in touch with you and your family!
Love,
Kristine