Friday, October 24, 2008

Only 2 more weeks...

...wow time is really flying! I will be home two weeks from today... Had a great weekend (and part of the week). Jenny and I drove out to Spokane and visited with our friend Barb Smith. It was so much fun...lots of talking and laughing..so much to catch up on...good food, good company...and three grandmas sharing lots of pictures of awesome grandkids!!!

We arrived on Saturday and planned to stay until Tuesday...but Barb needed a new computer and we thought to get started by running out to buy it at 9 PM Monday night. We stayed up until 2 AM getting everything set up and installing programs she needed and transferring data from the old computer. All was working well when we went to bed...unfortunately, when we got up the next morning the computer locked up and kept turning itself on and off and not letting msn messenger sign on. Called and made an appt. to take it in to Circuit City at 1 PM where they would clear out the Vista incompatable programs. Jenny had to be back that day, so we took her out to the airport so she could fly home..ah, to have a family member work for the airlines and fly free...any of my kids want to volunteer???? Anyway, Barb and I worked to try everything to make sure it didn't crash again. Now she has Skype and can see and talk with Kevin while he is in Texas...getting ready to spend a year overseas...We had another fun day together and I left and drove back Wednesday. Would you believe I forgot to take any pix..so now you will have to come to Sweden so we can get pix, Barb!

Yesterday I spent at Bryan's house, painting and learning to set slate tile mopboard in his bathrooms and laundrys. I will return today and continue. I will post some pictures of the inside of their house before I leave...it is really taking shape! It is so fun to enjoy the time with Bryan, Mandy and the kids!!! Bryce and I even got haircuts yesterday when I was there from Mandy- she always does such a great job!

1 comment:

Tanya Bennett said...

It was great to see you again! I wish you all the best with your projects in Sweden :0). Maybe someday I will have to convince Ryan we need to go to Sweden to help!!! See you next time. Have a great trip.
Tanya