Saturday, October 11, 2008

Time in Washington!


I have been keeping very busy here in Washington! Got the motorhome in shape...pressure washed and cleaned out, leaking bathroom faucet replaced, found the electrical short in the ground fault plug-in and replaced it, replaced the chassis battery, replaced all burned out light bulbs, etc. I have even ordered a new RV toilet (porcelin!) which will be delivered in a couple of weeks and Bryan has agreed to help me install it! Spent the first two weeks at Beachwood and now am at Thousand Trails for two weeks before moving back to Beachwood next week. Moving every two weeks is what life is like here in the motorhome! It is great to have all of my things in one place and not have to live out of a suitcase when I am in the states though!

I also have been over to Bryan and Mandy's helping with the inside painting of their new house...it is really beautiful...he is busy doing the trim, etc. around the windows inside and getting ready to lay the slate in the bath rooms and laundry rooms, etc. He set the lower kitchen cabinets in place this last week and they look great! Wow, things are coming close!!!

Bryce and Ashlyn will be coming over for the weekend as Bryan and Mandy will be going to her sister's in Canada for the farewell of Lori's son who is going on a mission. Such an exciting time!

Talked to Elizabeth in Utah the other day and they are now living in their new house in Eagle Mountain and their house in Riverton will be closing this next Wednesday...what a job...moving with 5 small kids and getting settled in a new home with Scott working full time in Sandy. I sometimes forget how is was to have so much energy!!!

I am loving the time spent with friends here. Next weekend three of us will drive to Spokane to visit with our friend Barb Smith who was my first aide when I started the Lifeskills Program for the Lynden School District many years ago and a very dear friend for many years...

Time here is flying fast. I bought my ticket back to Sweden this last week. I will be returning November 6th and returning to the states March 10th...thought I'd spend my birthday this year here in the states. I will stay long enough into April or May to help Mandy out with the new baby...Grandbaby #11! How blessed we are as a family!


1 comment:

Kay said...

What cute kids! They must be related! :)